16th Conference of States Parties to the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
The United Nations Population Fund in partnership with the Permanent Mission of Finland to the United Nations in New York, Women Enabled International and Validity International, and supported by the Permanent Mission of Norway to the United Nations in New York and the United Nations Partnership on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UNPRPD) invites you to a side event during the 16th Conference of States Parties (COSP) to the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD) on:
Equal rights and choices for women and young persons with disabilities: Innovative interventions to ensure access to sexual and reproductive health and rights
13 June | 3:45 – 5:00 PM (EDT) In Person at UNFPA, Orange Café (605 3rd Ave, New York) and via Zoom
This event will explore different dimensions of access to sexual and reproductive health and rights for persons with disabilities. The barriers and concrete solutions to advancing sexual and reproductive health and rights and addressing gender-based violence, including UNFPA’s We Decide programme on disability inclusion, will be discussed by a range of different stakeholders.
- Moderator: Maryangel Garcia-Ramos, Executive Director, Women Enabled International
- Dr. Julitta Onabanjo, Director, Technical Division, UNFPA
- His Excellency Petri Puhakka, Ambassador for Disability Inclusion, Ministry for Foreign Affairs, Finland
- Rowena Dinah Koloi, Chairperson of the Network of Young People with Disabilities (Botswana)
- Primah Kwagala, Executive Director, Women’s Pro Bono Initiative (Uganda)
- Charlotte Gasansule, Validity Foundation (Uganda)
- Ericka Alvarez, Asociación Latinoamericana de Mujeres con Discapacidad (ALAMUD)
- Savaira Tinaivunivalu, Fiji Disabled People’s Federation (FDPF)
- Maria Bakaroudis, CSE Specialist, UNFPA East and Southern Africa Regional Office
- Natalia Mattioli, Programme Coordinator, Technical Secretariat, United Nations Partnership for the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Multi-partner Fund (UNPRPD)
For registrations, click here.